There are people over 50 who seem to retain their youthful looks. Most are celebrities who have the wealth to slow down aging through surgery and expensive treatments. There is a way for ordinary people like us who neither have the capacity to spend nor the courage to undergo plastic surgery to improve our appearance as we age. Aging gracefully doesn't mean you're aging better, it's just aging smarter.
While still not in your 50's and even if you've already hit that age, there are some things you can do to make your body age gracefully:
1. Don't wear too much make-up
2. Don't eat too much salt
3. Avoid excessive sun exposure
4. Learn to manage stress through meditation, exercise or just taking time for yourself.
5. Moderation on alcohol, fatty foods, processed foods, soda and sweets
6. Avoid negativity
7. Keep your mind active by learning new things (avoid watching too much tv)
When it comes to health, the leading cause of premature aging is "increased insulin and leptin receptor resistance". This usually results in having medical conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity and high cholesterol which leads to more diseases as we age like cardiovascular disease, arthritis, liver disease,.gout, cancer etc.
Science has established that diet can override genetic predisposition for disease therefore it is important to know the proper nutrients and supplementation to guard our bodies from diseases and still have that good health and appearance inside and out.
According to Dr. Joseph Mercola, there are three nutrients and supplementation he recommends, that have special importance when it comes to aging:
1. Resvertrol - Resveratrol is a member of a group of plant compounds called polyphenols. These compounds are thought to have antioxidant properties, protecting the body against the kind of damage linked to increased risk for conditions such as cancer and heart disease. Resveratrol is found in the skin of red grapes, but other sources include peanuts and berries.
2. Coenzyme Q10 - Coenzyme Q 10 is a compound that is made naturally in the body. The Q and the 10 in coenzyme Q10 refer to the groups of chemicals that make up the coenzyme. A coenzyme helps an enzyme do its job. An enzyme is a protein that speeds up the rate at which natural chemical reactions take place in cells of the body. The body's cells use coenzyme Q10 to make energy needed for the cells to grow and stay healthy. The body also uses coenzyme Q10 as an antioxidant. An antioxidant is a substance that protects cells from chemicals called free radicals. Free radicals can damage DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid). Genes, which are pieces of DNA, tell the cells how to work in the body and when to grow and divide. Damage to DNA has been linked to some kinds of cancer. By protecting cells against free radicals, antioxidants help protect the body against cancer.
3. Glutathione (GSH) - Glutathione plays a role in many chemical reactions in your body. It also helps detoxify chemicals, including some that your body creates naturally, as well as pollutants and drugs.
You can obtain glutathione from raw organic milk, free-range animal foods and eggs. But probably your best source of glutathione is a high quality whey protein. Make sure your whey protein is derived from grass-fed cows and is very carefully processed to preserve the fragile amino acid precursors.
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
Max international has a glutathione precursor that has been clinically studied to raise glutathione levels by 292%. It is not glutathione itself which can't be absorbed in the digestive tract but Max Gxl is a prcursor that enhances the production of glutathione within the cells. Make life simpler by taking Max Gxl to make sure that your glutathione is not depleted.
This book explains in detail how Glutathione can help you. Also, it covers recent research into Glutathione
GLUTATHIONE AND AGING...